Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Leclair LEC Limoges ?

Absolutely flawless collectors decorative plate. I did not know much about Limoges porcelain until receiving some recently and then trying to find out more on the web. It seems that Limoges porcelain is famed for its quality and I can testify to that if this plate is anything to go by. This was obviously produced a while ago but is in absolutely pristine condition - as good as it would have been coming out of the factory. I have looked but cannot find a single flaw. What really impresses me is the decorative gilt pattern around the edge of the plate - stunning. A fine piece but I have no room to keep it. I am very reluctantly selling some quality pieces that have recently been passed to me unexpectedly by family members. Dimensions Diameter - 24.5cm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular